Saturday, 16 February 2019
.
.
chevron_left chevron_right
Global News

The death toll in the collapse of a residential building in Istanbul has risen to 18

The death toll in the collapse of a residential building in one of the districts of Istanbul has increased to 18.

1050 Toplam Gösterim
The death toll in the collapse of a residential building in Istanbul has risen to 18

The death toll in the collapse of a residential building in one of the districts of Istanbul has increased to 18.

This was announced on Saturday by Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu at a press conference in Istanbul.

"The number of victims of the collapse of a residential building in the Kartal district of Istanbul has reached to 18," he said on TV.

Earlier on Saturday it was reported that the number of victims of the house collapse reached 17 people.

On Thursday, Anadolu reported on the rescue of a five-year-old girl who was under the rubble for at least 18 hours.

On Friday, a teeanager was also rescued after spending 45 hours under the rubble.

"The death toll has now reached 18 people. There is information that at least another survivor of the collapse is under the rubble, contact with him is maintained, we expect to reach him for an hour," Soylu told reporters.
 
According to the Minister of the Environment and Urban Development of Turkey, Murat Kurum, a large amount of sea sand was found in the concrete used in the construction of the house, while only three floors of the building were built under license.
 
Earlier, the governor of Istanbul Ali Yerlikayya said that about 500 employees of various departments are involved in the rescue operation, the prosecutor's office has launched an investigation into the state of emergency. As a possible cause of the collapse is considered an illegal superstructure of the upper floors of the house.
 
On Wednesday at about 16:00 local, an eight-floor apartment building collapsed in the quarter of Cevizli in the Kartal district. In total, the building had 14 apartments, in which 43 people lived. Cause PE is not yet established. The Istanbul Prosecutor’s Office launched an investigation into what happened.

 

 

 

 

VİDEO GALERİ
Emoji ile tepki ver!
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0 Yorum
  • Yorumu Gönder
  • DAHA FAZLA SONUÇ YÜKLE