Monday, 21 October 2019
.
.
chevron_left chevron_right
Global News

Iran's defence minister categorically rejects US tanker attack allegations

Iran's defence minister Hatami categorically rejected US tanker attack allegations. He described evidence presented by the US as "unsubstantiated".

1320 Toplam Gösterim
Iran's defence minister categorically rejects US tanker attack allegations

"Accusations levelled against Iran's armed forces and the published film with regards to the incident (that) happened to the vessels ... are unsubstantiated and we categorically reject these accusations'', Hatami said.
"The armed forces and the port organisation were among the first to approach the tankers after the incident for relief operations and they rescued 23 people in the first tanker," he added.

Hatami added that the Iranian forces then headed to the second tanker, but the crew announced another vessel had already rescued them.

"This means Americans had arrived sooner to the scene where they claim the video was recorded at," Hatami said.

Iran's Foreign Ministry had already dismissed the US allegations that it was behind the attacks as "baseless" and slammed Saudi Arabia and Britain - where Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has alleged Iran was "almost certainly" responsible for the attacks - for following the US line.

 
Source: AFP

Etiketler:
VİDEO GALERİ
Emoji ile tepki ver!
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0 Yorum
  • Yorumu Gönder
  • DAHA FAZLA SONUÇ YÜKLE